Tuesday 3 April 2012

3D paper mache letters

You will need: Vintage comics, paper mache letters and decoupatch glue/varnish.

Cut strips of your chosen comic from different pages (I used 1980s Beano comics for these), including the price and the date and stick with decoupatch glue. Add a coat of varnish on top and they look fab!
Just the 'E' and 'D' and I'm done. It really helps having children with short names ;o)
Finally finished the 3D letters for Jed's room. Can't decide whether to mount them on the wall or leave them on top of his bookshelf...
I think the vintage comics work really well and I've another project on the go using vintage Superhero comics
They've made it onto Jed's wall. The photo's don't do them justice and I will take MUCH better ones soon, but I wanted to get the finished article on my blog, as it's well overdue! 

The letters are 8 inches in height and look great mounted on any wall or placed on a shelf.
Click here for alternative ideas using Lego and Disney Princess comics.

8 comments:

  1. So perfect for a kids room! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very effective, great idea, thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them. Thanks for your comment.

      I'm doing some larger wooden letters with vintage comics and decoupatch varnish which are slightly different. I'll post later today, hopefully.

      Delete
  3. Im trying to figure out where can I get these blocks because I only need three letters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im trying to figure out where can I get these blocks because I only need three letters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get your letters? And, what from what are they made?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, I did the same thing for my two grandsons , I spelt it out with Letters brought from Wal-Mart, and old comic books from flea market..it's a really cute idea, I also did my grandsons bureau..

    ReplyDelete