Tuesday 27 August 2013

Vinyl junkies Mark II



Back in May, I did my first ever Dudebox vinyl toy workshop at my local independent bookshop, Just Imagine.
Mini Dudes all ready and waiting to be customised
I'm pleased to report it was a sell out and I had ten 6-8 year olds creating various vinyl masterpieces. Due to popular demand, I was asked to do another and this too sold out.
We clearly have some future custom toy designers in our midst and here they are. 
My very able students
In fact, one attendee named Louie, loved the first workshop so much he came back for more and in between time he'd created this marvellous Marvel Mash-Up.
Can you spot all of Batman's enemies on this one Dudebox?
It was great to see these young artists enjoying the medium in so many different ways. Each with their own idea and execution. Some creations even had names with their own little personalities and a few included wings, fins, whiskers and one even had a plaited pony tail!
The finished customs
If you want more inspiration about customising your own vinyl toys, you can read here about my first ever customs and my most successful Davina McCall toy, which she signed and we auctioned for Comic Relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment