Thursday 22 May 2014

Raising awareness for the Mental Health Foundation

The Mental Health Foundation (MHF) got in touch and asked me to design some toys to raise awareness of the charity and more specifically, their 'Tea and Talk' event. They also wanted to celebrate those fab people who ran the London Marathon in aid of their charity.

I was honoured to be asked and aware of the stigma attached to Mental Health problems, I was pleased to help in the best way I can.

They packed off these four fellas to me and I set about my designs.

First came the Marathon Runner. I've aptly titled him 'Keep on running'. Sporting an MHF vest, sweatbands and trainers, this toy represents all those who bravely attacked the gruelling course to raise money for the Foundation.

Next came the 'Tea and Talk' character.
Again, I used the logo they'd created so it would be immediately obvious what she is promoting.
Just a couple of mini toys to do and I'll be sending them back to the lovely people at the MHF in the hope they can raise awareness and funds for an important charity.

All finished, about to be packaged up and sent back to a very worthy charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment